As a coach and facilitator, I am passionate about translating the latest cutting-edge research from the fields of psychology, organizational behavior and neuroscience into practical strategies that can be used to create extraordinary workplaces where people can thrive. To this end, I offer a range of workshops on a diverse set of topics.
Examples of workshops that I have presented in the past include:
THRIVE @ WORK: EMPOWERING LEADERS TO CREATE EXTRAORDINARY WORKPLACES
Employee engagement is a key strategic differentiator in today’s business environment. Engaged employees approach their work with energy, passion and purpose and will go the extra mile to ensure business success. It is therefore not surprising that organizations with a highly engaged workforce have significantly lower levels of staff turnover and perform better than organizations with lower levels of employee engagement.
Based on the latest cutting edge research from the fields of neuroscience and psychology, the THRIVE AT WORK workshop provides leaders with practical strategies that they can use to boost employee engagement in the workplace. Leaders participating in the workshop will be exposed to selected best practice examples implemented by many of the world’s best places to work, and will develop the skills needed to:
- Create environments where employees can flourish and reach their full potential
- Initiate experiences that help employees connect to a deeper sense of meaning and purpose while at work
- Build and sustain an organizational culture that inspires excellence and extraordinary results
BUILDING HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS
Well functioning teams can be an organisation’s greatest asset. They can inject unparalleled levels of creativity into the organisation and have the potential to enhance the work experiences of their individual members. Poorly functioning teams, on the other hand, can be extremely detrimental to organisational success and employee wellbeing. Given the complex environments in which most businesses operate, teamwork has become the norm in many organisations. Yet, research suggests that few teams actually live up to their potential, and many even fail to deliver at all.
But small changes in the way we lead our teams can have a significant impact on the performance of these teams. In this workshop, current and future team leaders will learn how to overcome common barriers to team success and create team cultures that spark extraordinary results.
In this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Effectively diagnose the health of a team
- Develop the skills needed to overcome interpersonal challenges in the team
- Develop and apply specific strategies that build team trust, enhance collaboration and spark team creativity and innovation
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL MASTERY WITH THE ENNEAGRAM
The Enneagram is a model of human personality presented as a typology of nine interconnected personality types. The nine different Enneagram styles, identified as numbers one through nine, reflect distinct habits of thinking, feeling and behaving, with each style connected to a unique path of development. The Enneagram is cross-cultural, highly accurate and has many work-related applications. It is currently being used by organisations worldwide to facilitate strategy, team and leadership development, conflict management, decision making and organisational development.
At the individual level, the Enneagram helps individuals develop greater self-awareness and insight into their own personalities. During the Personal and Professional Mastery workshop participants will be given the opportunity to:
- Complete the online Enneagram Assessment to discover their Enneagram style
- Identify what drives the way they see themselves, do their work, relate to colleagues and make decisions
- Learn how to overcome limiting habits and beliefs and build flexible and effective responses to clients, colleagues and the changing corporate environment.
Participants will also explore how teams can use the Enneagram to gain insight into their individual and interactive working styles. In so doing, team members develop effective ways to resolve conflict, leverage change and work together more consciously and creatively.
BRING YOUR BEST SELF TO WORK
Research shows that companies that focus on harnessing the strengths of their employees outperform their competitors in terms of productivity, customer loyalty and employee retention.
Despite the immense benefits of harnessing employee strengths, most organizations spend an inordinate amount of time and money on training programmes designed to address employee weaknesses. This is due to the fact that most organizations are built around the assumption that each person can learn to be competent in almost anything and that each person’s greatest room for growth lies is in his or her areas of greatest weakness. Neuroscience now shows that this is simply not true and as long as we continue to operate under these assumptions, organizations will never capitalize on the strengths of their employees.
I have developed an exciting workshop during which participants get to discover their unique and enduring talents and then work to develop strategies to turn these talents into productive strengths at work.
Through participation in the workshop, participants will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of strength based approaches to personal and professional development
- Be exposed to the latest findings from neuroscience which shows why each person’s talents are enduring and unique and why each person’s greatest room for growth lies in the areas of his or her greatest strengths
- Take the Strengths Profile™ test to discover their strengths
- Develop a number of strengths-based strategies to apply their strengths at work in such a way that it adds value to the organisation and enhances employee engagement
Please contact me if you would like to find out more about these workshops, or if you would like to discuss the possibility of building a custom-designed workshop for your organization.